Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year, New Rules Take 2

Last year at this time I took a moment to stop and reflect on the year that had passed and to ponder the new year ahead. I set some goals for myself, some were achieved and some weren't and now I'm standing at the brink of another new year doing it all over again. This past year has been amazing, having my daughter has brought me more joy than words can possibly express. I have grown and learned a great deal about myself in a very short period of time and I look forward to more growth as I know each day as a parent brings something new to learn.

My goals are simple and almost the same as last year, finish a novel and get back to pre-pregnancy shape. However, I have one addition and its not a goal so much as a promise to appreciate every precious moment of life. These last four months with Sofie have flown by and since I can't slow down time the only thing I can do is promise to live in every moment and appreciate even the trying or mundane because this is the stuff that life is really made of. I wish all my friends, family and readers a healthy and happy new year and I wish you all the same pure joy my baby has brought me in whatever form it may come to you.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: