Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Nanowrimo '08


Sixteen days and counting until the official start of National Novel Writing Month. For those of you unfamiliar Nanowrimo, now in it's tenth year, challenges writers to compose a 50,000 word novel in just one month. This will be my fifth year attempting to make the 50,000 word count, never having come close in the four years past, last year being my best attempt and still weighing in at a mere 17,000 and change by the end of November, I am determined that this will finally be the year I succeed. 

That said I'm still not sure what I plan to write about. In the past I have basically come up with a vague idea a few days prior and plunged in head first with no real idea of where I was going. This year I am thinking I should change things up a little, hoping to have an idea by the end of the week and begin plotting out a rough outline to have ready on November 1st. At the moment I am toying with the idea of a coming-of-age piece about a teenage girl in the early 90s that I have had in the back of my mind for a few months, but I'm still not 100% sold on that idea. I welcome any thoughts and suggestions!

No comments: