Sunday, December 28, 2008

My favorite _________ of 2008.

A few of my favorite things from '08:

-New TV series: True Blood

-Sports moment: winning my office March Madness bracket

-New Food: Panera egg, bacon and cheese breakfast sandwich

-Album: this one is a threeway tie between Coldplay "Viva La Vida"; TV On The Radio "Dear Science" and Kings of Leon "Because of the Times"

-Family Guy episode: "Surfin Bird"... have you heard?

-Specialty coffee drink: Starbucks Peppermint Mocha Twist

-Pop Culture Moment: the Election results

-Guilty pleasure: the Twilight Books series

- Read: "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" by Jonathan Safran Foer (I realized this was published a few years back, but this is the year I read it and it's my list so I can do what I want)

-Concert: Coldplay at the Forum

-Movie: this one is tough because I actually haven't seen a lot of new films this year, but I am going to have to go with The Dark Knight, Tropic Thunder is a close second

-New Gadget: another tie between my iPhone and Kindle

-Personal Moment: Bringing Charlie home from the shelter

2 comments:

Eric A said...

My brother just introduced me to the Bird is the word episode while I was in Texas, and I don't think I've seen him laugh so hard in my life!

Oh, and if you liked Viva La Vida, download Prospekt's March (even just the title track). Happy new year!

sher58 said...

I think I've watched it about 5 times now and it just gets better.

I have Prospekt's March, great disc, I love Coldplay. Happy New Year!