Wednesday, September 17, 2008

"There was a time when a lady garden was as big as a slice of New York pizza"

There was also time when SNL was the funniest thing on TV, those days are clearly long gone, have been for some time, but there were always a few shinning beacons that kept me watching, one of them being the funny gal who's got a special place in my heart, Amy Poehler. I cannot say enough good things about Amy Poehler, everything she does cracks me up and I am the first to admit a funny woman is hard to find. She is also smart, sassy and the kind of feminist that makes me glad to be a woman instead of making me wanna hurl, all of which is why I was sad to read that she will be leaving SNL in the fall after giving birth to her baby. Nobody sticks around SNL forever, unless they have nowhere to go (i.e. Chris Parnell), so of course it was inevitable and I already plan to set my Tivo for her new NBC series whenever it debuts, but I can't help but feel teary-eyed at the thought of no more 9-year old-on-crack "Rick" sketches.

No comments: