Wednesday, January 28, 2009

In Mourning

It was with a big sigh that I read the final words of "Breaking Dawn", the fourth and last book of the Twilight series. It's hard to believe it was just a couple short months ago that I first started down the path of the Bella and Edward saga and now it's over. I always feel sad after finishing a good book, especially a series, which I have invested so much time in that I actually feel I am losing a friend when it ends. I also for some reason find it difficult to go back to "serious reading", so to speak, after being so entrenched in what I consider a guilty pleasure... perhaps I will have to feed my vampire thirst with the Sookie Stackhouse series next.

As to the controversy surrounding the fourth book itself, I can't say I agree, I thought it was a fitting end, not at all what I expected (I figured it would be a disappointment with all the hubbub), but I enjoyed it. To those who claim it wraps up too neatly I can only guess you are either not a true fan or you are lying, because I can't imagine anyone making it through this entire series and not wishing Bella a truly happy ending.

No comments: