Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Being Realistic

So I'm officially done with the false hope that I will make it to 50,000 words on my Nano novel. Barring a miracle or at the very least the next two weeks off of work coupled with about 100 gallons of coffee I just don't see how it will be possible to make it from my puny word count (so small I am embarrassed to even admit it) to the finish line by the 30th. This damn cold I got back on Election Day has really been the bane of my existence all month and made it nearly impossible to focus on anything productive. I refuse to give up entirely, however, and instead have decided to go for a more attainable goal of 30,000 words by the 30th. I figure it will still be my personal best so far and I can always try again next year and it's better than giving up entirely which I am feeling pretty close to doing at this rate. Blogging will be at a minimum till the 30th as I must use every spare minute adding to the word tally.

No comments: