Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Voted

I'm home sick today with a nasty cold so I was lucky enough to vote late this morning, avoiding the hour-long line my husband was in this morning for a less annoying twenty minute wait at 10am. I also avoided the working-world voter crowd and instead ended up in line with the much more entertaining unemployed/stay-at-home-mom/retiree/nutball crowd. Also couldn't help but be amused by the pollworkers scrambling around, yelling commands and wielding authority as if they were manning a naval tanker instead of volunteering at a preschool auditorium.

Now it's back to the couch for much needed rest and a catch-up session on All My Children until the election results start rolling in. If I could actually breathe, I'd be holding my breath in anticipation.

No comments: